I guess this is better than just having 10?
Terrible headline though. Oscar Shocker? That’s the best you could do?
I wholeheartedly support Eddie Murphy hosting the Oscars, even if it is because of
inspired odd choice to direct, Brett Ratner. It might be amazing and the opportunity to crack wise on stage to a group of “peers” might finally kick him out of the family genre and back to his glorious Beverly Hills Cop days.
- The Artist *
- The Descendants *
- Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close
- The Help *
- Hugo *
- Midnight In Paris *
- Moneyball *
- The Tree of Life *
- War Horse *
- Woody Allen - Midnight In Paris
- Michel Hazanavicius - The…
I don’t really want to talk about it at length so I’ll summarize here:
I’m putting all my weight (ha!) behind Gary Oldman for Tinker, Tailor (he was AMAZING in that), Glenn Close because goddamn she’s good, Melissa McCarthy because I love her even though I hated Bridesmaids and now I’m waffling because I don’t really want the movie to have an award attached to it so maybe Jessica Chastin because she is delightful even though The Help was missing a major part of the story which seems silly as it was integral to the story and made it a bit confusing for me a non-reader of the book, Christopher Plummer because he’s Christopher fuckin’ Plummer (but the rest of the noms are also good), and Midnight in Paris just because I can and will.
Now to start my Oscar night preparations on what might be the most “meh” one in the last 10 years.
And I won the pool between T-Money and I (though I’m sure I lost the one at work but whatever I have an Amazon gift card coming my way!)
- Billy Crystal opening (the usual but I don’t care)
- Emma Stone presenting
- Rose Byrne and Melissa McCarthy presenting
- Christopher Plummer winning like the badass he is in that suit and his OoC pin
- The bread thinger I made was amaze-balls and will now join The Dip as The Bread
- Me winning! Third year in a row!
- Colin Fiiiirth
- Penelope Cruz’s dress
- Michelle Williams coming with bestie Busy Philips
- My decorations were great!
- Hugo sweeping so much
- Meryl *bleeping* Streep
- Everybody wearing creams and tans and Kristen Wiig in that nude/skincolour/beige dress (I hate dresses that colour)
- Not everyone came/the left over food but especially all the candy left! My teeth hurt thinking about it
- I have to work in the morning. Boo.